Monday, February 7, 2011

More Chronicles from 2009







This morning I was again reminded that OgDog would not be with me forever. Last night he peed his bed and was lying in it, seemingly unaware. This is only one of several subtle changes that have occurred lately. When a pet reaches the elderly years, change is expected but it is still a shock when it happens. It is the life process and I do my best to make him comfortable. And, if we need to get some Depends so be it. He still LOVES to eat and all working parts are functioning, as they should. He’s an amazing guy; every time I count him out, he rebounds stronger than ever. And, he loves lying in the Mexican sunshine almost as much as me. ☺

So back to Boot Camp at 8:00 AM, I can sure tell I had 3 days off, even though I ran and did yoga stretches over the weekend. It’s interesting that Antonio uses free weights and basic calisthenics in our workout. I love getting back to basics in Mexico. ☺ His experience comes from military training so we work mostly on strength and endurance, which of course tones in the process. Long before the health club rage this was how people stayed in shape. These exercises are so basic yet challenging and effective. The ab crunches are a killer, but as I mentioned before it is the sign that we’re almost through for another day. (See grimace photos). Antonio’s brother-in-law is a professional boxer and he told us about a crème that you put on fat that helps reduce it. Boxers swear by it. So you know what that means? Had to get some. It smells like menthol and looks like lemom curd. But it’s worth a try, right?

Since I am working so hard at this, I deserve a treat – and it can’t be chocolate. So, I followed up with a pedicure, and find I’m really into orange lately. - so orange, blue and purple toes it is. In Mexico a pedicure is done entirely by hand and it takes hours! Life in definitely Good in Guaymas, Senora!

No comments:

Post a Comment