Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More Chronicles – First Weigh-In



Weigh-in was today at 11:30 AM at Yin & Yang - the diet doctor. On the way there we told ourselves it was okay if we hadn't lost any weight for the week. But the good news is Jan & I both lost 1.5 kilos – which computes to 3.3 lbs. I already feel lighter, and when you visualize what 3.3 lbs. of raw hamburger looks like, well that’s how much has fallen off my body in one week. But, the best part? I’m not even hungry and I don’t crave anything!

For the record, week one I could eat: cereal with light milk, toast with light marmalade, fresh squeezed OJ available here (yummmy), meat (no pork, shrimp or shellfish), chicken, fish & salad, plus jicama for a snack (tastes great dipped in salsa).

Week 2 is a little more restrictive: Eggs, ham, bacon, OJ, light Jell-O, meat, tuna, chicken, one piece of fruit per day (no grapes or mango), beef and salad. This is easy to remember and different enough from last week to keep it interesting.

Along with new menus we also had our acupressure and tummy laser zaps. The acupressure points are located by the right ear on the jaw, with mouth open, and on the shoulder near the collarbone (same side). That must be the magic that takes the appetite away. The old laser tape was removed from the stomach, replaced with new strips and zapped. And did I mention this cost $6? We celebrated by going out to lunch at a downtown hotel, but motivated by the weight lose, we stuck to our diet plan.

Well, another reprieve from Boot Camp – Antonio had the day off so we start again tomorrow, 8:00 AM. He mentioned that we were going to do trail running this week – I think that means uphill. Can’t wait ☺ I ran this morning on the beach and told Zippy she could come along IF she promised to run in the same direction as me. She agreed and did pretty well. Yesterday when I got home I could hear her howling from across the street because I had left her behind. That's one way to meet the neighbors.

After my run I went to Yoga at the health club in San Carlos to see what they were offering. Although the sign said Beginners Level it was so NOT beginners. We started out doing balancing poses and people were weaving and falling all over the place. It renewed my inspiration to get a routine together so that I can volunteer at the Club for the 8-hours needed for certification. Then I can teach and get paid, something else to add to my repertoire.

A few more observations that I have to write down or I will definitely forget:

Ordering a salad in a restaurant means Ice Berg lettuce.
Women wear false eyelashes like we did in the 70’s – well some of us.
Women do not wear shorts.
Women wear skin-tight stretch jeans. A young lady walked by our table at the hotel in a pair and Jan said it reminded her of a “sausage.” You know, like sausage meat pressed into those skins? OMG - now THAT was funny!
High heels - with the tight jeans comes the stilettos – how do women walk in those?
American women are easy to spot.
There are many spirits in Guaymas. There was one sitting briefly in the backseat of the car today.

No comments:

Post a Comment