Saturday, July 10, 2010

Arriving in Guaymas, January 2009


Me, my four dogs (3 cocker spaniels and a Basset Hound) and a VW named VeVe drove to Guaymas, Senora for a much needed break from the Alaska cold winter. The 5 hour drive from Tucson was scenic and warm. We made great time and arrived around 5PM. Our casita is beautiful with bright colors and Mexican flair. It is so cozy and looks out on a beautiful solar pool and a lovely patio perfect for outdoor living. The best part is the beautiful Sea of Cortez directly across the street. Zippy the Basset Hound is so excited with all the space and people - she can be at the pool, at Jan's house, in the casita or on the beach. She is totally exhausted tonight because she has been running from one place to the other, non-stop! Jan greeted me with a wonderful chicken salad and a few margaritas, yummy! I am told that a festival is being planned to welcome us to Guaymas - lots of people, food and drink. Hey, what more can I ask for? Guaymas is a charming Mexican community far removed from touristville, about 15 miles south of San Carlos. Just my kind of place. This is my schedule for the next couple months:

Exercising and eating organic.
Learning to speak some Spanish.
Making pictures.
Reading lots of books by the pool.
Teaching yoga.
Taking tennis lessons.
Getting my belly-button & ears pierced - ouch.
Getting a tattoo - another ouch.
Getting my face waxed and my body massaged!
Getting some metal taken out of my mouth.
Drinking many more margaritas to ease all this pain!

Anyone that wants to come visit, you are welcome. Life is as it should be in the moment here in Guaymas! Sun, fun, beach and sand.
Hola!

No comments:

Post a Comment